View Single Post
Old 09-03-2005, 11:39 AM
Administrator

Default This board COULD be so much better!

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

I have to agree about the fact that Jim doesn't rub his purchases in anyone's faces. He does focus on the value of the collections, but so what? You guys have to realize that if you're focusing on putting together high end sets (whether from the 50s or prewar), money is the dominant hurdle, not necessarily ingenuity or creativity. And if you're spending big bucks you are certainly focused on what the cards are worth on a month by month basis. Remember, even rich people don't like tossing money into the gutter. That being said, I happen to enjoy Jay's collecting habits and finds and truly respect the fact that the guy has spent a grand over the past year or so and has come up with so much. How in the hell can you not be impressed by that? The guy really loves this hobby - this religion you could almost call it. So while I identify strongly with Jim's concerns and interests as they are very similar to mine, I also identify with Jay's passion, purpose and dedication. It really blows me away. Believe me, I'd love to have a beer or 4 with both of those guys and talk cards all night.