View Single Post
Old 11-11-2015, 07:47 AM
John

Thanks Scott - it's an interesting discussion. I'm probably biased towards the 48 Leaf Bednarik because it's the first vintage card I ever bid on (I actually thought it meant something that I was leading the auction with 5 days to go - I was pretty clueless). I agree the 48 Leaf Baugh is iconic, but it wasn't on CU's radar. I think the 35 Nags and 65 Namath are pretty much no-brainers. Their last two were 57 Unitas and 58 Brown:

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...football-cards

I like the idea of including 57 Topps because I think its an iconic set, but an argument could have been made for the Starr too. I get including Jim Brown, but as far as the card goes - there's no rarity component and the "keyhole" set isn't particular attractive in my opinion. I'd take the 33 Goudey Grange over that one which wasn't in the discussion at all. But, the 81 Montana was in the discussion - I didn't really get that one either except fans who never heard of Friedman, Baugh, Graham, Luckman, etc. all think Montana is the goat (unless they only remember as far back as Brady and Manning, then its one of those two). And finally, there was one guy who voted for the Steve Largent rookie - no idea who that could have been

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 11-11-2015 at 10:39 AM.