View Single Post
Old 12-30-2018, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
Wow, what a great thread to follow all year long and I respect the dedication it took to keep it going -- not only to post every day for a year straight, but to actually have a collection vast enough to share well more than 365 pieces of Clemente related memorabilia. Thanks very much for sharing!

If any player in history is worth such devotion, it is Roberto.

Thank you CW!

Day 364

I saved this next item for towards the end, hoping that I would have a chance to have it repainted by someone or even do it myself. But of course I never seemed to find the time to get it done. I have owned it for over twenty years, and thought that maybe it was a prototype. I’m sure that some young kid probably painted it years ago, but I couldn’t find any signs in the chipped areas that white, yellow or black were underneath so I thought maybe it was some type of prototype.

Either way, I’ll probably have it restored because it just doesn’t look right in blue. I’ve only seen 1 or 2 examples of this statue in all the years I’ve collected Clemente. Sorry for the small pic, it’s the only one I have available to post.

1970s Tuscany Studios statue...