Thread: PSA blues
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2017, 08:42 AM
Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Zipper View Post
The purchaser of the services is willingly entering into the arrangement knowing what they are paying for. The only authenticators I am aware of who claim to be able to "prove" or "guarantee" anything are the bogus forensic authenticators. And ironically, THEY are the ones with actual formal training and certification. (Just because you have the paperwork from some sort of certification doesn't mean you are honestly, ethically or competently applying it.)
Steve,

You're taking this too personal.

I fully know that just because one has some form of certification does not mean they will act in a professional manner. Believe me, in my field I have met a lot of unethical people. But at least with certification there is accountability for their action(s).

My point is that if there is no way to hold someone responsible for their "opinion", nor will that person accept responsibility for their "opinion" then where is the professionalism.

Again, sorry if I am hitting a sore spot, but I see too many instances where someone calls themselves a "professional" just so then can charge a fee and then dodge any responsibility for errors.

Do we need experts in our hobby, hell yes, but we need to be able to ascertain what makes that person an expert. With PSA or JSA you have no idea who is looking at something. Have the specific individual who is authenticating the item sign the cert and have a means of holding that person responsible. is their "opinion" is false.

Is this too much to ask?