View Single Post
Old 12-22-2014, 09:08 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanksfan09 View Post
I don't like the overall look of it. The top of the lower case b comes up very high. The space between the first b and the a seems too big. Don't like the look of the R. I also wonder how many times Ruth went golfing in Iowa of all places. I don't claim to be an expert but I'd stay away for sure.

This is why I opted for a signed check. You have to be really careful with any "Babe" signature, especially cuts. It's just too easy to find some old period paper and even easier to forge with pencil without aged period ink. Of course there are real paper pencil cuts out there, but you really have to use more caution I feel.
Let me tell a story about signed checks that I reported to LE but nothing was ever done.
Some time ago a "Babe Ruth Foundation" blank check was for sale on ebay. I was immediately worried what would happen to this check when I saw it. Sure enough it was sold and a month later the check was for sale again. Only guess what. It was filled out now and signed. They brought Babe out of the grave to sign it. It was the exact same check.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 12-22-2014 at 09:12 AM.