View Single Post
Old 06-23-2012, 07:49 AM
Frank Wakefield

Mentally, poorly, and incompetently, that's how.

Recently, I've started chasing an odd set of cards, I have about 3 dozen of them, and I have a ways to go. They're all in a stack beside my desk pc. And this works well. If I see a card from the set listed on eBay, I shuffle through my stack to see if it's in there. Not a perfect system, because I could bid on a card of a player having already bought one of his cards a few days earlier but not yet having arrived.... but it works fairly well. No system is foolproof, not even the spreadsheet stuff. All it takes is some delay in entering whether you've bought a certain card, or whether it's arrived. Then you can buy a card twice or overlook one.

First time through on the white border cards, I used photocopies of pages of an old Beckett catalog. That worked fairly well, I penciled in when I got one. Eventually started adding acquisition date. I numbered the 400th one, and started adding a number for each one thereafter, so I had a running count of how many different fronts I had. I carried that list to a few shows years ago, and would get odd looks.

Last edited by FrankWakefield; 06-23-2012 at 07:51 AM.