View Single Post
Old 12-31-2009, 11:15 AM
MikeHealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by drdduet View Post

It was assembled mostly in the 40's and 50's and includes some of the hobby's greatest treasures and rarities. I can tell you it includes a complete T206 set minus the Doyle variation--with many rare backs, hundreds of T210's with a Joe Jackson (and a Stengel), complete T202, T207, T205 sets'; a Cobb with Cobb back, a 1933 Goudey Lajoie and complete set, an apparent complete Old Judge HOFer set, several Victory tobacco's including a Cobb, Coupons galore--all 3 types, some Mino's, Pirates, ...complete Topps baseball and football sets through 1972, all the Bowman sets, 1914 & 1915 Cracker jack sets, etc, etc, etc....

The collection is heavy in 1930 through 1950's stuff. Many of the "older" cards are "kept in the back" as the collector is most proud of the cards of his day. Not one of the cards is graded--at least none that I saw. The T206 Wagner is likely a strong 4. He likely has 10000+ tobacco cards of all sorts--what I found most interesting is that he does not have a single duplicate of any of his cards.

I viewed the collection in the mid 1990's.
Wow Darren, that must have been something to see. Thanks for sharing.