View Single Post
Old 07-11-2011, 03:48 PM
Brad Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by brob28 View Post
Neat story (at least I think so) as to how I got this. In the 80's I was 12 and my neighbors Grandfather called him to say he found 2 boxes of cards in his attic and would bring them by for him when he visited. Can imagine how crazy our 12 year old minds were going! He brought two boxes of 315 panels, probably had 30 in each box. We were disapointed that they were not "real" cards at the time! The Ruth was the only one that had been cut and I convinved my neighbor to give it to me. I often wonder where those boxes are now!
That is a neat story. I have seen a few panels over the years, but not that many. I have seen FAR MORE single cards than panels. I had the opportunity to buy a panel with Grove on it several years ago. I think it was a reasonable price, but I passed on it at the time. If given another opportunity to purchase a panel with Grove on it, I would probably take it.

Could you please post a scan of your Ruth? If you don't know how, send it to me and I'll post a scan. My email address is brad_green@cox.net