View Single Post
Old 12-29-2017, 08:53 PM
Banned

I’ll give it a shot. Let’s face it there are very few if any bad Koufax cards, similar to Clemente. I don’t think Roberto has a single bad card. Anyway: (and remember I’m trying to keep it slightly humorous if I can)

The good - 1963 Topps - The perfect profile pose, great colors, good shot of his LA Dodgers uniform. The lightning is also great, looks almost like an old movie still frame. He straight up looks like a badass!

The Bad - 1964 Topps - First he has a “hurry up and snap the pic dude” look on his face. It’s a tight portrait so no view at all of the uniform or stadium surroundings. There’s not a great shot of the cap, you can’t see the LA, but what you can see is a gnarly sweat stains, ha! Also looks like he has a pimple on his forehead above his right eye.

The Ugly - 1960 Topps - This truly is my least favorite Koufax card. Problem number one is he looks like he’s trying to pass a deuce. Who snaps a pic of a guy passing a deuce? It just not right. But the biggest problem for me which is the cardinal sin of baseball cards, HE'S NOT WEARING A BASEBALL HAT!!! I hate that on baseball cards, even if it’s a traded card and the guys moving to a new team. Even then I hate it. But in this case Koufax was going nowhere! It makes no sense and looks like crap!
End of rant, I feel much better now.

Well there you have it, kinda fun. Now I challenge someone to try to do the same with Clemente.