View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 09:50 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buythatcard View Post
Well, I called Paypal this morning and I did get a U.S. based call center. They told me that they do not understand why the case was closed so fast without an investigation. They told me that the case would be escalated and they will get back to me again in 24-48 hours. It's not over yet. I will be keeping close tabs on this buyer.
Hang in there, Howard. For ebay/paypal, many times it is just who you talk to. I've had a similar situation like what you've experienced before but the reverse where the seller sold me a card that was a reprint, which was not specified in the listing. Somehow the seller won the case, which incensed me. What happens is that the person calls ebay, and manages to convince whatever rep they talk to rule the case in favor of them even though it obviously should not. I'm guessing that happened for you also. In my situation, I did call back and talk to a supervisor who also did not know why they ruled the case in favor of the other party. They refunded me my fee, but did not take the funds from the original party either, so ebay basically just ate it.