View Single Post
Old 08-16-2014, 07:57 PM
Peter

Default Football Tickets

I can't give much insight into authenticating, but I know a little background on the tix. This seller has been posting these on ebay for a while, maybe 5-6 months or longer. I bought a sideline pass from him a while back that I feel is legit.

Regardless, I met this seller at the Allentown Paper Show this summer. I immediately knew who he was when I saw a group of these in lower grade at his booth. Some had a lot of back damage and paper/glue residue, etc. He explained that these came from an album he split with somebody. The album had nearly 600 tickets pasted into it as well as a bunch of T205 and some other prewar cards.

He didn't say this, but my guess is that these tickets came from a printer's album or were the property of somebody involved in the printing. That would explain why I've seen so many duplicates of the same tix. The atypical paper quality may mean these are scraps/misprints/errors or whatever you want to call them.

I think most of these tickets were never distributed to the public, but I wouldn't call them fakes. He may just be getting around to auctioning the least attractive examples out of the huge lot. Just my two cents.

Last edited by th38larg; 08-16-2014 at 07:59 PM.