View Single Post
Old 07-26-2013, 09:53 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuznKevin View Post
Hello. Joined this week but am finding this place not too active. Hoping my reply year does not last as the current top 5 last posters for a day. Yes, embarrasing. sorry to bother. Is there a 'club' I should join to get any type of response, or just blow it off.
I'm not quite sure what you're looking for a response to?

I think the early 80's Donruss sets haven't really been studied much. So the answer that the 83 donruss from factory sets are cut smaller than normal isn't well known. I don't think I ever opened any of my factory sets.

I didn't know the earlier ones were cut small.

I did know that later 80's factory sets had the backs upside down compared to the cards from packs.

I'm not surprised the factory sets are different in some ways. Cutting twice doesn't make much sense, since it's a lot more work.

Maybe Donruss was die cutting the cards? If they were, and wanted a different corner or edge quality they might have trimmed them to remove the die cutting. I'd have to look at a few to see if they were die cut. That would be interesting. The first modern set I know was die cut was 88 Score.

Steve B