View Single Post
Old 03-23-2018, 07:44 PM
Curt

I think about that a little more each year as I get older and wonder exactly how I will get rid of my collection, or if I will even have the chance. My boys have no interest at all in it at 13 & 15. My wife threatens that she'll "just get rid of it" if I die first, but the reality is that despite a lot of relatively worthless bulk, there is some real value tucked away in it.

The problem is mining that value. My common sense brain tells me that I need to start selling stuff now, but the passionate collector who wants to keep everything is making it hard for that to happen. I would almost rather will it to someone who would appreciate it as much as me, instead of trying to sell it. I can see me trying to sell something "good", get less than I felt is should sell for and get discouraged that I am "giving it away". I have tried to dip my toe in the selling pool recently, but I am starting with basically junk stuff and not surprisingly, I am not having much luck. On top of all of this, I absolutely hate the selling experience online.

Doesn't exactly answer the question posed, but my collection is priceless right now.