View Single Post
Old 01-11-2024, 05:07 PM
Brian Jordan

I'm brand new here but I'm active on some other forums and even moderate one. I'm not sure I'm familiar with another forum that has something akin to a hall of fame. There are some forums that tag users with an icon, badge, title or something based on how often they've posted, their length of membership, or some other milestone. This site highlights how many posts each user has made. I'm not sure you need more than that.

Some forums have a way of pinning/archiving/profiling the most insightful or highest profile threads. That may be something to consider instead (and I noticed Leon linked to where that information resides on this site). For a forum like this, where a ton of knowledge has been posted over the years, I think that would be more valuable to profile. (That's why I'm here.) For instance, someone recently replied to a great T206 thread that Ted Z started. That bumped it to the top of the forum feed. That was a fantastic thread and should be archived/easily accessible (because, if you are new like me, and just search for T206 you get 11 pages of search results). Once enough threads are archived/profiled it will be obvious who the hall of famers are.

Anyway, I'm just a brand new member that's here to suck up knowledge from all of y'all but that's my two cents (sometimes worth less and sometimes worthless).