View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 07:03 AM
Jason Presley

I'd leave the negative. If eBay had to be involved to resolve the issue due to a misleading auction description, the refund shouldn't be an automatic "buy back" of the negative. He can leave a response to the negative and move on. Far too many people don't ding sellers for bad issues experienced and it skews the playing field. I know eBay can be hard on sellers, but they also need to play by the rules. I'd say nothing short of delivering the advertised product should result in a positive (unless you happened to have a particularly good customer support response resulting in a refund).

Had he owned up to the misleading auction and readily refunded you, maybe a neutral would be warranted. But since you had to get eBay involved to get your money back, he deserves the negative, even if he doesn't learn from it and it just makes him mad.

Be sure to pass any potential retaliatory messages you might get from the seller on to eBay should he decide to take it out on you for being the one to ding his "perfect" record.

Either way, send the card back since you got your refund.

Last edited by DaClyde; 09-12-2012 at 07:03 AM.