View Single Post
Old 10-20-2018, 08:05 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
My wife is planning a trip to Alaska right now for next summer. Our family of 4 and another family of 4. Kids will be ages 8 thru 12.

Current thought is to fly into Seattle and take a cruise ship up there.

For you Alaska lovers, any recommendations? Better alternatives to a cruise? We have about a week and don't want to spend more than $6-7k per family (figure at least $1k of that will be for flights).
I have spent over 40 days in Alaska on four separate occasions. I never took a cruise.
Take a land trip, plan it yourself.
You can PM me and we can chat more. I already helped one other Net54 member plan his trip.
Go to Denali, Anchorage, Seward, Redoubt Bay, Talkeetna, Fairbanks, Arctic Circle. And be sure to take the Alaska Railroad as often as you can. Ride in the Dome Section. Costs more but well worth it, food, bar, observation deck.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 10-20-2018 at 08:05 AM.