View Single Post
Old 06-04-2019, 08:35 AM
J0hn Collin$

Default Is it safe to buy graded? Or should I focus only on raw?

The “raw card phenomenon” is definitely a thing with the bigger dealers. I had a ‘56 Clemente that I busted, was a BVG 5. Nothing super special, it was very well centered and had great eye appeal but even raw - to my naked eye it was not a super high-end, undergraded PSA 7 or higher card or anything. Won’t say who, but I sold it on eBay to one of these “big” dealers for $205. That dealer then turned around and sold it raw for nearly $700. [emoji15]

Shill bidding going on? I won’t level that accusation, but if no monkey business - that is a hell of a markup just because it was sold by a dealer who is large and has a recognizeable name. Whoever got that card was seriously taken, if they really paid that much for it - that’s all I’ll say. And to this dealer’s credit - they didn’t try to hype it for more than it was, it was listed as an EX+ to EX-MT card. Raw, I could go along with that. Just doesn’t make much sense to me when for that price, someone could have gone and bought a graded PSA 7.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by jchcollins; 06-04-2019 at 08:39 AM.