View Single Post
Old 05-16-2009, 08:47 AM
Frank Wakefield

Well I don't know if I can explain it so you can WRT understand....

Before, I clicked on someone's name and I could email them with a real email from me... from my email program. Now, the email is through this board, this site sends them an email (not me), and when the recipient gets that it takes a moment to scroll to where the real message is. Plus, whenever the recipient comes back to this board, they then have to fool with going to CP, to delete the message from there, too. Suffice to say, the old board dealt with emails in a much more streamlined, efficient, better way.

As for the images, the image size is more limited here. I find the thumbnails an annoyance, and once I do open them the image still isn't large enough to suit me. Again, I think the old board dealt with that better.

Golly, I ended my other post with "All in all, a good, sensible move. Thank you.", if that isn't a positive endorsement I don't know what is. I just mentioned contrasting shortcomings honestly.

Dave mentioned the absence of Jim Crandell up there a few posts ago. I doubt if anyone here has greater disdain for Jim's collecting approach than I do. But my abhorrence of high numbers on slabs should not be mask my praise of Jim's passion, or my appreciation of his collecting knowledge. He's a smart fellow, wish he was posting here. Although the posts I most enjoy are about nuances of card sets, card variations, the history of the game, the history of collecting. If Jim never shows up here, then that is another way the old board was better, 'cause Jim definitely was a presence there.

When I saw Barry posting with his name, that seemed sensible to me, so I changed to FrankWakefield, leaving the Greatwake that I'd chosen when I first started on eBay years ago, in a frantic moment, as I was attempting to sign up for eBay so I could bid on a ball card of The Great Mails; permutations of my name were taken, and as I thought of the Walter Mails card selling I typed in Greatwake, and it took.... I like the real name better here, for me.

So again, the move to this board is a positive, sensible move. Glad Leon and the guys did it. I thank them for it. But it isn't perfect. Yet.