View Single Post
Old 05-06-2015, 11:37 AM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Hey guys! Guess what? There is NO wrong answer here!

The problem with comparing these three Elite Super Stars is that by picking one you almost have to demean the others...and that's not fair to them. My argument was for Mickey but I concur with the Aaron comments, but Mays shouldn't be slighted in the least - in any comparison - In addition to his hitting and base-running, he played a premium defensive position at Gold Glove level for most of his career. He was clearly a better defender than the other two and was arguably the best base-runner, though Mickey was faster early on.

In separating these three from the rest of the greats, however, we are excluding, from the same time frame - Frank Robinson, Ernie Banks, and Roberto Clemente. Now, I wouldn't vote any of these three over the previous three, but they are but a step or so away.

So hard to select only one!

How very lucky we were to see them play!

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente

Last edited by clydepepper; 05-06-2015 at 11:44 AM.