View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 07:00 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoxon View Post
Tried that - no "completed listing" for that particular seller, or eBay overall, on what are some pretty rare items. In fact, I did a search of all of eBay for those items, under "completed listing", and got nothing.

I also have a record of my bids from yesterday -- 4 different emails sent to me by eBay, telling me "your bid is in the lead", on these items, all of which got relisted surreptitiously.

Very odd behavior...

just looked at the email that ebay sent me yesterday saying my bid was in the lead, and clicked on the "view item" box; went to eBay, and was told "the listing (*********) has been removed."

And then relisted this morning....

While no big deal overall, did bid in part because it was a Wednesday-ending auction.
I have never seen a seller cancel a listing and have the "listing has been removed" message show up. That message only appears after something is done on eBay's end.

I was recently contacted by ebay to let me know that any listings with either active content or a link to an outside website not authorized by ebay could result in my listing being ended. Something like this could cause that messge to appear. Also, another user could have reported this seller's listing(s) for any number of reasons and ebay took action and ended the listing.