View Single Post
Old 04-26-2017, 10:38 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

They said it will likely grade AUTHENTIC. That is enough for me (not that I make any decisions) though I do agree they are still dodging true and accurate facts and transparency. But if they say it will probably grade AUTHENTIC and someone buys it and it does, I wouldn't have much sympathy and I can't imagine a court would either. Again, we are in agreement they should word it differently.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillipAbbott79 View Post
The description can be confusing if you glance at it and don't read the whole thing.

Lets dissect it:

All items are 100% authentic & unaltered unless otherwise specified in the description. Almost everything always starts at $0.99 with no reserve so please check out our other auctions!

Up for auction is a 1909-11 T206 Ty Cobb (Green Portrait) #97 vintage baseball card. This card has a Sweet Caporal Back. This card is in wonderful condition! It is 100% authentic guaranteed! This card has no creases, 4 strong corners, near perfect centering, beautiful color, awesome eye appeal, and a beautiful clean back. There are no pinholes, markings, paper loss, or any damage of that kind. Please note that if the card was to be submitted for professional grading that it would likely receive a grade of "Authentic" rather than a numerical grade. This is just our opinion as the card does measure exactly 1 7/16" x 2 5/8" and has never been professionally graded. Please bid accordingly. You won't find another seller starting this card in this condition at $0.99 with no reserve! This card would be a great addition to any vintage collection. If you have any questions I will be happy to answer them.

These items are impossible to combine together. It is easy to see how one could read this and still think that that the card may get a high grade, bid accordingl.y The only thing being put in there is that they believe it may be authentic, for absolutely no legitimate reason, short of saying this card is likely trimmed.