View Single Post
Old 03-25-2018, 07:27 PM
Nick Barnes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100backstroke View Post
I am opening myself up for attack on this one, I am fully aware. However, today I am very proud of our youth and all who protested!

Today at the Nation's Capital and at cities across America were some of the biggest youth protests since the Vietnam era.

These massive gun control rallies and protests hope to bring an end to the increasing gun violence and deaths so prevalent in today's world all across America.

The NRA doesn't realize one critical point - back in George Washington's day they didn't have automatic assault rifles capable of mass destruction and mortality.

Times change and we need to change our laws accordingly to help protect and serve our citizens.

Now if the NRA wants to defend the rights to own a single shot rifle, no problem, I will march alongside the NRA.

Steve

so much wrong with this post, time to break it down:

Quote:
Today at the Nation's Capital and at cities across America were some of the biggest youth protests since the Vietnam era.
and they will be just as ineffective, protests are a tired monument to the delusional wasteland of the 60's that is half of our nation's issues today

Quote:
These massive gun control rallies and protests hope to bring an end to the increasing gun violence and deaths so prevalent in today's world all across America.
please explain how a bunch of dumb children marching is going to stop one angry, crazy person from killing a lot of people in the future. please, I'd love to hear it.

They aren't prevalent , not at all, of the 36k annual gun deaths in the USA 20k of those are suicide, and the majority of the remaining are the result of gang violence, only a tiny % are due to "mass shootings" gun control has been proven to show it won't do one tiny thing to that % either, as anyone determined to kill a lot of people is not going to be stopped by a gun law

why isn't the media reporting this accurately? hmmmm?

Quote:
The NRA doesn't realize one critical point - back in George Washington's day they didn't have automatic assault rifles capable of mass destruction and mortality.
A- no mass shooting in the history of the USA has been done by an automatic weapon, semi-auto sure, but not a fully automatic, so ,by proxy, not one single "assault weapon" has been used in a school shooting either.

B- fully automatic weapons are expensive to buy (grandfathered in relics that cost tens of thousands) and require a year's wait and more $$$ in tax stamps and fees.

C- AR-15 is not high powered, nor fully automatic, nor a military weapon, nor an assault rifle, it's a moderate to low powered semi-automatic, varmint and home protection weapon. It looks scary because of it's cool tactical garb, but underneath the weapon itself is just a hunting rifle with a magazine

D- did the founding fathers plan for the computer and mass media ? so does your first amendment rights to freedom of speech end with the quill and ink? that's a fallacious and silly argument, (and btw, they knew of gatlin gun type weapons and the early attempts at semi-auto)

Quote:
Times change and we need to change our laws accordingly to help protect and serve our citizens.
times may change, but my natural rights to protect myself with firearms does not, neither does the power of my constitution, want to change it? fine, follow the rules and pass an amendment, get it through 2/3rds of Congress and have it ratified by 3/4ths of the states. Something tells me you KNOW this will never happen as 100m+ gun owners would oppose you 100%.

You need to learn about guns before you make one more statement about them as you come off as woefully ignorant of the issue and are making naive and embarrassing cliche'd arguments.