Arthur,

The 6 cards you mentioned:
642 Johnny Damon
643 Brad Fulmer
645 Derek Lee
646 Alex Ochoa
647 Alex Rodriguez
650 Preston Wilson

I think for their base cards the most common form is the card with a grey/silver letter, but some of the factory sets contain the cards that match the other cards from the subset with the white letters. The only packs I've opened of 94 CC was when I was I kid back around 1994, so I'm not 100% on that though.
That very well may be. In fact, we may be looking at something that turns out to be nothing. At this point, are any of the known base cards particularly rare? Doesn't seem so at all.

• Silver Letter on Back -- Damon, Fulmer, Lee, Ochoa, Rodriguez, Wilson. All found easily enough in wax packs. I pulled 4 from the one box I opened.

• Pack-Issued White Letter -- All the players beside the above, not difficult to find, every Jeter has this. Pulled these from the same box that I pulled the above silver letters.

• Silver Letter Players with White Letters -- Damon, Fulmer, Lee, Ochoa, Rodriguez, and Wilson but instead of the silver letter that is found in packs they have the white letter and are found in factory sets.

That's it for the regular base cards. I don't believe there's been a single example of a base card deviating from those categories. If that turns out to be the case, we technically have variations but none of them would carry much of a premium as they're all somewhat readily available in existing product.

Am I wrong?

Arthur

Successful transactions with Burger King, Amazon, Great Cuts, Tacos Villa Corona, TJ Maxx