View Single Post
Old 05-18-2012, 04:59 PM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Hah! So now the final arbiter of whether an autograph is genuine is whether some anonymous person has it pulled from eBay. I suppose, Richard, if an item you listed on eBay that has a PSA cert was pulled, you'd just throw it away.
The ball has a PSA certificate, and the buyer a) knows it was pulled from eBay, and b) can return it if he's unhappy. If anyone but Richard has a problem with that I'd love to know. In fact, I'd love to know how Chris--PSA's unofficial spokesperson--feels about that.
The person is well known and extremely knowledgable, well known to the people on this board.
My items on ebay do not have PSA certs. In 12 years of ebay selling I have never posted an item on ebay with a PSA cert.
And if I ever had an item on ebay that was pulled, I would certainly want to clarify its authenticity rather than race to sell it. You were in such haste because you had a buyer, that you did not even care about the ball being pulled. If you did care you would have investigated it further like you did with the 1927 ball when Chris and I started to post about it. You asked the person you consider to be an expert. Why not ask him about this ball after it was pulled? Would have been easy and quick.
And the guy who bought the ball from you has obviously bought the cert and we have been through that buy the cert BS numerous times on this board.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 05-18-2012 at 05:08 PM.