View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 10:24 PM
Dustin Bellinger

Default Poll: Am I crazy to count it?

I am a low budget collector but I am doing my best on my means to acquire a card of every player and manager (Not chasing Pioneers, Executives or Negro League players inducted into the HOF that did not play for a MLB team at this point.) where the card is issued during their playing/managing career. Acquiring pre-war HOFers is challenging on my budget but I did just recently acquire this Triple Folder from the most recent Sterling Auction.

Fred Clarke is one of the two featured players on the card but I had previously acquired a T205 card of him. My motivation for bidding was in the center panel which depicts Eddie Collins and Nap Lajoie. For now I am counting this as card as being able to cross both Collins and Lajoie off my list. I have already justified this to myself and it's my collection I can do what I want but curious what other collectors think. Am I stretching this to far in calling this a card of Clarke, Collins, and Lajoie. FWIW, PSA set registry seems to be on board with this being a Clarke and Collins card as it is listed in both players Master Sets but not a Lajoie card.

Collecting Hall of Famers and players with Nebraska connections.