View Single Post
Old 03-05-2017, 08:33 AM

Default 1979-80 Wayne Gretzky OPC RC Cross Grade Opinions

Hey everyone. 1st time poster. Been checking the forums for a while and you guys know your stuff, so wanted to get the opinion here. So wanted to get a 79 OPC Gretzky-highest grade for the $ i could afford. Was checking e-bay for a while and found a BVG 7 and jumped on it bc of price. Wanted thoughts of possible cross-grade to PSA and/or SGC? Basically looking to get equivalent grade in PSA and/or SGC. Reason being, thinking possible of resale in future and using funds towards purchase of an 8, which I want to get for my son to have. We all know that PSA and likely SGC demands more $ on e-bay. I am realistic- obv this card is no 8 and i think i would be seriously pushing it/wasting money to request a re-grade of 7.5 with BVG. To me, centering in card is more like 80/20- maybe, if lucky, 75/25 (which would still be within a PSA 7 parameters). Obvious issues on left side of card but otherwise, card is in good shape. Thoughts by the board on what grade may be in PSA and/or SGC if sent in BVG slab? And before I get the "crack it out of slab posts", I am extremely worried about doing so-not desperate here to make $ and not desperate here to chase the quest of higher grade-have read all the horror stories of those trying to chase the higher grade and card ends up being deemed trimmed. But then again, left side of card shows the typical rough edge of a non-trimmed card and if opinions are to crack and submit, could change my thought process. So any thoughts/opinions are sought here and thanks for the all the knowledge you guys provide. Has helped tremendously in my card collection evaluation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Gretzky 1.jpg (72.6 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg Gretzky 2.jpg (68.8 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3364.jpg (71.4 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3365.jpg (69.8 KB, 184 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3366.jpg (70.2 KB, 187 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3367.jpg (68.0 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3368.jpg (73.3 KB, 186 views)