Thread: Pujols
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 02:11 PM
Scott Ti3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100backstroke View Post
ok, don't blame Pujols. He has .233 Batting avg., a .374 slugging average, his WAR is -1.2 (thats NEGATIVE 1.2). And the only category he has ever led while an Angel is GDP, grounded into double plays. And all this batting in a choice and important spot in the lineup and behind Trout. Yup, give me a team full of Pujols' and we would be in the playoff hunt. Just frustrated.
So what your saying is Pujols should have turned down the contract and he needs to stop forcing your manager to stop playing him all the time and placing him in an impact spot in the line up? Got it.

Serious man, do you not get it? Pujols is not the problem w/ the Angels. The entire organization is the problem w/ the Angels! Sure it's nice to have a scapegoat, but your team has bigger problems than Albert! Bench Albert and the Angels still suck.

It would be like me blaming Dexter Fowler for all of the Cardinals problems this year. Do I think they paid to much for him? Sure do, but I also see the bigger issues with the team that have nothing to do with him. We take Fowler out of the line up and we still have poor defense, poor base running and a piss poor bullpen. Don't even get me started on our block head manager. Some of the blame goes to our ex Gm (now team president) for putting together this sub par team too.

I get it, your pissed your team over paid for a declining super star. You want Albert to do at age 37 what he did during the first 11 years of his career. This just wasn't going to happen. The Cardinals knew that but they still made a substantial offer to him. Thankfully good Ol' Arte Moreno came out and offered him even more and saved my team from that albatross of a contract.

On the bright side at least Albert is getting paid and playing, unlike Josh Hamilton who the Angels are paying $26 Million this year!

Should I even bring up the $9 Millions Cameron Maybin is being paid, the $5million that Danny Espinosa (who was also cut) is making.. $9million for Huston Street? $12million for Ricky Nolasco?

About the only team with a worse farm system than the Angels right now is the Royals.. but to their credit they at least sold the farm to reach 2 World Series & win one of them!

Yep, it's all Alberts fault the Angels suck