View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 02:47 PM
A.J. Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by orly57 View Post
I had that same thought, but didn't mention it. I don't see how soaking could remove stains that are deeply embedded in a card (for 100 years at that!). In fact, I don't see how anything can. But I guess guys are always a step ahead when it comes to money making scams.

-Thanks Justin.

-erick, that Clarke is SHARP. My eyes tell me it's a 6, but I don't know how much psa would knock off for staining. I am not even 100% certain they DO knock off for staining on '14s as someone else stated. They don't give (st) qualifiers on them (unless I have just missed it). If they don't do that, I don't think they reduce the grade either. Could be wrong.

second that on the Clarke! Such a great card. Love the image of him leaning on the bat. Orlando they are now grading very hard on staining. They will knock off 2 or more grades for stains. 4+ years ago they were more lenient and you'd see heavily stained cards or even cards with heavy print marks get grades as if the stains or marks weren't there. And in the really early days PSA would give (ST) grades but last time I requested one they declined to give it. PSA's inconsistency has made it really tough to gauge values in the marketplace.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jennings77psa8STfront.jpg (78.3 KB, 345 views)
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time