View Single Post
Old 04-07-2017, 03:58 PM
Chris

I have four big regrets as it relates to the ho by:

1. 1960 Topps Venezuelan Mantle: I had the opportunity to purchase one at an incredibly reasonable price several years back. I'd been searching for years for one for my collection without luck. Well, luck would have it my significant other and I started to get serious. I promised her I wouldn't buy any more cards until she had a ring (funds were tight given a career change and she was very understanding). Low and behold this card pops up on eBay. It took me years after to find another and ended up costing me five times as much. I now own three

2. Briggs Meats Mantle: A board member offered me an incredible deal. I didn't realize it and passed. He sold it for twice what he wanted and prices have shot up ever since.

3. Yamakatsu Mantle: I made a responsible decision and kept my bidding in check but man do I wish I didn't. I doubt I'll ever see the card again and it was a beauty.

4. 1952 Topps Mantle: I was trying to raise funds and sold one of my two last year. I'd asked a reach price and someone met it. I felt (and believe I was right) that it was the top of the market and a great time to sell. I liked that card and just haven't been as passionate about collecting since I let it go.