View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 08:11 PM
Robert A

In terms of this find, it does make sense that Lajoie could've been missing because he was popular and not stored away with the rest of the cards.

But, yes, there should be more Lajoie cards then commons (in my opinion). Again, I do think there are more Lajoie cards then Dahlen, Vaughn, Bridwell, Mclean, Tenny, etc.

Whether or not there are less red Lajoies then other colors is hard to tell. It's the collector's perspective. I had one in my set and never thought about that.

A while back, it was said that red was the toughest E98 color. I didn't find any color to be tougher than another. It's hard to say. Even when you have a large sample like this new find. It could just be a regional thing.

Scott M.'s original find were all green and I believe in the Philly area...

In general, the hall of famers are easier to find with this set. But, all of these cards are pretty hard to find.

Matty is such a great pose that many collectors hold onto it and you didn't see a lot of them surface for quite a while. You see a few more now cuz the $ has brought them to market.

I don't know how popular Walsh was compared to the others, but I have definitely noticed less Walsh cards compared to the other hofers.

Overall though, I do believe with many of the candy sets that were printed in equal numbers that the hofers survived in much greater supply.

Last edited by caramelcard; 07-06-2012 at 08:15 PM.