View Single Post
Old 12-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Default Ty Cobb/Bushing/SCDA/Game-Used Decal Bat

Posted By: deleted

I just wasted one hour of my life reading through all of this (that I will never get back) to find that there are so many people with nothing better to do then bad mouth and attack other's. American Memorabilia really has nothing to defend. They were viciously attacked over their old judge proofs a while ago. But to all of you experts, they went overboard to prove their items were good. Now, some of you self proclaimed experts, the folks that put bidded on those proofs at least put their money where their mouth's are, you guys are still bitching? Why?

Now its another auction and a new item and it's American Memorabilia and you guys are right back again, except this time you are all bat experts. It's strange because I have not seen or recognized any of your names signed to a legal document regarding authenticity.

About Dave Bushing, if he was so bad, would every auction house under the sun have him authenticate their bats and gloves? He's human too, if he makes a mistake and is proven wrong, then the Auction House should stand by what they sell and take back the item with a full refund. I think an honest house will do that.

About Decal Bats; Why is this particular bat making such a fuss, we all know Louisville Slugger made them, we've seen them in auctions, describing use. One of you say they were never used, That is not so, there are documented photos of Cobb at the plate with a decal bat. How do you explain this, the photo does not lie, so there is your proof.

In fact, Lelands Auctions, in their June 4 & 5, 1998, Golden Age Auction, had a Ty Cobb Decal Bat, that they too described as "some light use throughout." the key word is "USE."

So, if you are going to be experts, which I am not, at least do the research and back your claims with proof. See I did.

About American Memorabilia: I am not a big collector, but I do collect items that I carefully select and are one of a kind items. I browsed the American Memorabilia catalogs and I was extremely impressed with the fact that the majority of the items offered in their auctions, do come with multiple letters and documents of authenticity. They are careful and they are doing a fine job with authenticators i.e. PSA/DNA, SCD, STEINER, ASI, etc.

I must confess that I did enjoy this multi-billion dollar industry when it was just a "hobby!"

Happy Xmas