View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 02:34 PM
John Spano

Nice thread Jeff...if you do searches on the main board you will find that we have similar discussions in the past, including one titled "football sucks". Obviously those are not my feelings as football has been a passion of mine as a player, coach, collector, and researcher for the last 35 years.

Football collecting is at the beginning of a renaissance of sorts. As people like Bob Swick of Gridiron Greats provide a vehicle for collectors to share information about the game and collectibles the hobby side will continue to gain momentum. Knowledge, interest, and prices of vintage football collectibles have escalated in the past few years.

I collect vintage baseball as well and love both sports...many vintage baseball collectors do not share multiple interests which could explain the relegation of football to the water cooler section. In defense of the policy, Net54 was set up to be a vintage baseball forum.

Shoot me an email and we can discuss some potential outlets to discuss vintage football.