View Single Post
Old 01-26-2011, 10:09 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

Default Well known print defects. Do variations exist without?

Been noticing all the talk of print defects on here, and it got me thinking about a few cards that always bugged me. Well, two cards that I've never seen without the flaw, so I figured I check with all of you.

First is the 1984 Topps Don Mattingly. Has anyone ever seen one of these without the print defect just over his back on the front of the card? And does it exist on all variations of the '84 Topps produced Mattinglys?

I've got the Nestle around somewhere, I'll check in a little bit to see if it's on that card. Can anyone confirm whether this flaw is also on the OPC and Tiffany as well?

Second is the 1987 Topps Barry Bonds. Every one I've ever seen has had the 3 in the card number 320 on the back partially obscured. Can anyone verify a version with a full 3? I know the OPC doesn't have this flaw, so I'm hoping that there's a few topps without it as well.

Any info, or any other cards like these that you could think of are welcome in this conversation...Baker(bakep), Herrer(a), both have know variations of both, so I'd hope this doesn't turn into a discussion about those. But basically any similar examples that fits this topic.