View Single Post
Old 11-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Bill Gregory

I will build any set I own. I want total control over every card. You can buy a set listed as "near mint", but those cards can have centering all over the place, print flaws. I want to eliminate those as much as humanly possible. I realize it will take longer, and cost more, but it's like designing your dream home versus buying one already built. Both can be great, and they both give you a roof over your head. But one is truly a reflection of your passion as a home buyer.

If I had the money to just buy my T206 set in one fell swoop, I'd still keep building it piece by piece. There's just something about looking for that perfect card, and acquiring it. I like opening my eyes in the morning, and having something fun to do. Even if I'm just going to spend $20 to buy a couple of cards, I know that I will find a card or cards that meets my specifications, or I'll just keep looking. I love getting lots of little boxes, and padded mailers. When I hear the mail truck pulling into the cul de sac, I have a Pavlovian response. I'm 43 years old, and I get excited like a little kid.

To me, that's what the hobby is all about.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 11-24-2014 at 01:30 PM.