Thread: eBay change
View Single Post
Old 07-14-2013, 10:42 PM
I@n Cl@rke

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottFandango View Post
I can't remember the last time I said to myself "I have to pull the trigger on that BIN before someone else does". Usually BIN is overpriced stale cards....
I have almost stopped looking for anything but auctions on eBay, the BINs are so overpriced, especially on e90-1...
I see some nice BIN prices occasionally, though the ratio must be like 200-5-1 on overpriced vs fair vs good. I recently got an N28 Caruthers via eBay BIN for $150, which according to Cardtarget had not sold for under $250 in same grade in the past 6-7 years.

Relating to Paypal. I've had really annoying issues completing transactions through my phone recently (mobile web site, not app). Problem being when eBay asks me to sign into Paypal to pay, I feel like they've eliminated 1-2 step/click(s), with payment now completed in a single click rather than a click(s) followed by a review screen like I've been used to. This has lead me to unknowingly pay prematurely before selecting payment method.. and using default bank wire, as opposed to credit card. This has happened to me 3 times in past month and has caused overdrafts since these transactions, even when caught in 1-2 minutes are totally irreversible and I'm just not able to transfer funds from savings in time. This happen to anyone else or am I just crazy??

In fairness to Paypal, their customer service REALLY pleasantly surprised me today (after several useless calls) by offering to cover a few previous overdraft fees I'd incurred (it was very easy for them to see the recent transactions I'd had issues with) and promising follow up from a tech supervisor later this week.