View Single Post
Old 03-05-2014, 02:42 AM

Default Show Your License Plate Toppers

photo YaleCrp_zps9c811f1c.jpg

I picked up this Yale license plate topper last week off eBay for $10.61…The seller didn’t know what it was. The title was “Antique Yale Metal Sign”, The description stated: “Antique metal sign from Yale measuring 10X3 Not sure where it's supposed to be displayed, I had thought in between bicycle spokes but I could be wrong” It was listed in Collectibles >Historical Memorabilia >Teaching & Education >Colleges & Universities...but probably would have been seen more under: Collectibles >Transportation >Automobilia >License Plate Frames

In 30 years collecting I never paid too much attention to license plate toppers…I had never bought one…I wasn’t sure but I thought it was a license plate topper when I saw it…After checking eBay to see what they go for, they seemed to be a lot more popular than I knew…Like any collectible the unusual and rare ones likely bring the money and common ones are flat...I think this Yale one may have gone for money had it been better listed...I've never seen another...See below for a quick look at what some have closed for…So now that I have it, what do I do with it? I guess I can try to squeeze it into a curio cabinet.

photo FBCurioCab_zps4c9f20b3.jpg

photo CoopersTown_zps76fe003b.jpg

photo IndainapolisSW_zps4b0cd2b9.jpg

photo MiamiBeach_zps3536a0a8.jpg

photo NewDeal_zpsdfb95370.jpg

photo CivilAir_zps646627b4.jpg

Last edited by CarltonHendricks; 03-05-2014 at 03:07 AM.