View Single Post
Old 08-18-2006, 08:59 PM
Administrator

Default Trinidad y Hno cards ......still fake???

Posted By: Gilbert Maines

Well Frank, I guess that I know less than you do on this subject. Because I have no idea why you would get microscopic dots in the card's white areas upon reproduction. Visible dots or specks attributable to imperfections on the original, the duplication process inadequacies, etc. sure. But microscopic dots = I will listen and learn why.

Wait a minute. Checked some reprints. One that I looked at is not really a reprint. It is a 1977 Fritsch printing of a set called "One Year Winners" this set appears to be comprised of reproduced photos with a green border outside of a white border, then moving inward, the photo. There are multicolored microscopic dots all over the b/w photo section, the white border is pure white, the green border is pure green.

I have another Frisch set: '86 Negro League Baseball Stars. Also apparently reproduced photos, but with brown captions and lots of white areas. The white areas are solid white.

I do not know whether these borders and other areas are solid white because it is unprinted upon cardstock, or otherwise. But the front of the card has an even gloss.

Frank: if you can make sense out of this, please do so.