View Single Post
Old 04-04-2016, 09:07 PM
St,an Pietr.uska

Default Dispute with an auction company

I am in a dispute with an auction company.

I won a lot described as this for $880:
484 Diff 1998 Fleer signed cards (though they picture 1997 topps of only 8 players) An absolute gold mine of signed cards, this amazing binder has QUANTITIES of many of the key players, but NO DUPLICATION. The effort that went into this is simply incredible. The breakdown value here is seemingly endless, with page after page with a HOFer, popular star or popular Yankee, etc. Condition is very strong overall, there are only a small number of weaker autographs. The lists of keys here is simply staggering, and is as follows: Bagwell (5), Biggio, Boggs, Bonds (2), Clemens (3 diff), Cone, Eckersley, Girardi, Glavine, J. Gonzalez (2), Grace, Green, Guerrero, Gwynn (2 diff), Hoffman, Irabu (2), Jeter (2), R. Johnson (3), A. Jones (3), C. Jones (2), Kent, Konerko, Maddux (3), P. Martinez (3), T. Martinez, McGriff (2), McGwire (5), Molitor, Mussina, O’Neill, Ortiz, Palmeiro (2), Pettite, Piazza (3), Posada, M. Ramirez, Ripken (4), Rivera, ARod (4), Salmon, Schilling (3), Sheffield (2), Smoltz, Thomas (3), Thome and Bernie Williams. JSA LOA.

When the binder arrived, I never bothered to check the cards, having bought tens of thousands of cards over the years from them.

Instead I received a 364 card lot of 1997 Topps Described as including this: Bagwell, Biggio, Bonds, Caminiti, Damon (2), Giambi, L. Gonzalez, Green, Guerrero, R. Henderson, Hershiser, Hoffman, Kent, Molitor, Molitor (2), Murray, Olerud, Palmeiro, Piazza, Rivera, Schilling, Sheffield and Wells.

I never really cracked open the binder more than a couple times to check a friends wantlist. It was not until I received a call from the Auction Company owner asking me to return the 1997 Topps that I realized that I didnt receive the right lot with the stars. Unfortunately I had sold 5 cards from the lot, all commons, the best one being Ruben Rivera. I sent the binder back and the owner tells me we are missing 14 cards, no one major who was pictured.

I offered to pay the fair value of the 5 I sold or even 14 cards which was $2 to $3 per card and was told by the auction owner that he was not willing to do that and that he was going to keep the set I won (which had 484 cards) and send me back the now 350 card signed lot because I must have been happy with it as I never contacted him earlier on my own (this was due to more serious issues I was dealing with heathwise so I never check it as I trusted this guy).

To me, I am being totally defrauded as the auction owner knows that I didnt receive what I paid for as clearly the 4 arod,2 jeters, 2 bonds, 3 pedros and 3 randy johnsons are what made the lot worth $800+. The other lot does not have the same star power.

I WOULD APPRECIATE YOUR THOUGHTS ON HOW THIS SHOULD BE HANDLED.

Last edited by Stanesq; 04-04-2016 at 09:39 PM.