View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 08:28 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibuysportsephemera View Post
So when everything was said and done....what did Travis say about this autograph?

Jeff
Jeff,

I did not hear a final decision from Travis, nor did I see one posted anywhere. However, we all know authentication cannot be rushed, so he is probably still studying and researching to make his determination. In all fairness, I did not pay for his opinion, so I shouldn't expect to receive it, nor do I subscribe to his particular mantra, so if he doesn't want to assist when the time comes, that's fine too. However, another very knowledgeable boxing collector, Mark Ogren, posted a couple of screen shots from his fantastic exemplar collection, which leads me to believe that Mr. Ogren thinks my Corbett was authentic. I make that assumption, perhaps erroneously, from the file names that you can see at the top of each exemplar. If you look at my photo on his screen, you will see the date and sr.jpg. I'm not 100% sure, but I believe that is the convention he uses for naming the authentic ones. If you look at his exemplar screen shots, you will see some termed Non authentic or something along those lines in the file name. To the best of my knowledge and belief, the file name on mine does not say that and is in the convention of the authentic exemplars. Who knows though. Perhaps Mark will chime in and say that's not what his file naming conventions mean, or that he mistakenly labeled mine authentic and it's not. I do know that after all my research into it, in my untrained boxing autograph eye, it appears to me to have enough similarities to other Corbett signatures of that time period that are purported to be authentic.

I believe it's 100% legit.

Here's the screenshots to peruse.

Last edited by thenavarro; 09-09-2013 at 08:37 PM.