View Single Post
Old 11-03-2016, 12:21 AM
5t3v3...D4.w50n

Even though I've never been a Cubs fan, I was rooting for the Cubs in the World Series. After game 4 however, I said to myself "Stick a fork in 'em (the Cubs), they're done!" I just couldn't see them coming back from 3-1 down.

Then, I started thinking. Lester starting game 5 at Wrigley, and the Cubs will have the mindset of "we can't let the Indians sweep us at Wrigley". Then Arrieta pitching game 6. If he can do what he's done all year, and they give him some offensive support, then you've got a game 7, which is anyone's game. Sure, the Indians will be at home, but the Cubs will have the momentum. I still felt the odds favored the Indians, but I no longer thought the Cubs were "done".

Then, what do you know, the Cubs won games 5 and 6. I couldn't even watch game 6 because my stupid cable company (Time Warner/Spectrum) flipped the wrong switch while making a change to my account, and killed my cable connection Tuesday afternoon. I didn't get my cable back until Wednesday afternoon. Then game 7; probably the best game 7 in history. I thought Maddon was crazy to pull Hendrix out when he did. I actually shed a tear when Ross hit the homerun in his last game, while realizing he wouldn't have even been in the game at that point had Maddon not put in Lester when he did. Then Maddon doubled-down on his craziness when he pulled Lester! Chapman just didn't have any gas left in his tank; he was running on fumes. He beared down though and got through it!

Congratulations to the Cubs for never giving up and keeping with the fight, and especially to all their fans who have weathered the storms of futility and being oh-so-close so many times.

Steve

Current Wantlist:
1909 Obak Howard (Los Angeles) (no frame on back)
1910 E90-2 Gibson, Hyatt, Maddox