View Single Post
Old 02-15-2009, 09:41 PM
Administrator

Default As things evolve....your current focus on collecting pre-war?

Posted By: Richard

Since my last post on this thread, I have abandoned the Victoria Obak team set, and come within 1 card of completing the "completable" part of my Toronto collection. I finished 2008 needing 1 C46 (McGinley) and 2 Old Judges (that I never expect to own).

In early January, I decided that once I tracked down McGinley (thus having all 13 Toronto C46s), I'd go after the rest of the C46 set. Thanks to a monster trade and a couple of small purchases, I found McGinley and have quickly rocketed from 12 C46s on January 1, to 33 as of today. A deal for another 8 is pending. I am also slowly starting to collect baseball card publications that contain C46 articles, and am considering collecting stadium postcards of the 8 teams featured in the set.

With a mix of PSA, SGC, GAI and raw cards, the question that remains to be answered is what "kind" of set I'm building. I love the idea of having a full 90-card set stored in 6 15-pocket "t-card" pages, with the various publications stored in the same binder -- but am not keen on the idea of cracking out the cards that I have acquired already graded. I figure I have another 30-40 more cards to go before I really have to decide that part.

Regards,

Richard.