View Single Post
Old 09-01-2019, 07:16 AM
Brock

Default Always Research everything!

Posting this as advice for others

Bought a lot couple months back at a local auction of bats, tennis balls in tins and tennis racquets. Only bought it for the bats, didn’t care about the other stuff. Finally today set up at a flea market to move junk sitting around the house, put the tennis balls and racquets out. You aren’t allowed to do sales until 8 but we set up at 7 and right away someone asked about the tennis racquet. I was only asking $10 each, so he said he’d take one. So couldn’t complete the deal until 8, so I decided to research the racquet again because it was a Wright & Ditson. Then found out it’s probably a $750 plus dollar racquet , some even selling for $2,000.

Never would have expected a racket to be worth so much. I think(not sure) If i did research the racquet months ago but the end looked like it was bent from being smashed. And other Wright & Ditson racquets didn’t sell much. Turned out that is what makes it special being a tilted head and just so happens one sold on eBay within the last week. Doubt there was an example when I first looked if I even did look.

So just make sure you research until you find an example of whatever your item is. I did end up selling it for the $10, tried to buy it back for $100(before he even paid). Could have probably just said no to the deal because money didn’t exchange hands, but wasn’t going to do that.

Last edited by yanks12025; 09-01-2019 at 09:22 AM.