View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 02:29 PM
Mich@el K. Tr0tnic

Slightly off topic although somewhat related. Both show store displays with baseball products shown. Here are 2 pics of unopened baseball wax. First pic is taken inside a grocery store showing 1953 Topps unopened packs among a ton of other unopened packs. Pretty cool! I wonder why someone would have even cared back then to take this pic It would be like me going into Walmart today to take a picture of the various boxed cereal lining the shelves. I believe Leland's sold this pic back in 2004 or so. The next pic is absolutely stunning. I can't be the only one to think so! It is taken inside a Woolworth store showing box after box after box of 1952 Topps. Wow what a ton of money laying there! How many gem mint Mantles lay in all those packs? Someone from Sports Collectors Digest did an article about this picture several years ago. I can't remember how many packs were estimated to be in the pic. He also estimated the then current estimated dollar amount which I also cannot remember. Pretty neat and I wanted to share.