View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 11:49 PM
Charles
Cha.rles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
I went to game 5 last year. I'm not a fan of either team but was rooting for the Mets anyway. It was a great time, although tickets were a bit insane. The crowds were awesome.

Chris,

Please don't interpret this as a nasty or malicious response, but.......

I DON'T GET GUYS LIKE YOU!!!!
You went to game 5 of a World Series game, but you're not a fan of either team??????
Then why did you go??? Are you a millionaire who had nothing better to do on that night???
And if you got the tickets for free, why not give (or even sell) them to a real fan of either team?

I'm a die-hard Mets fan, and I've never been to a World Series game. (I simply can't afford to go.) I would have been in hog heaven if someone would have given me a ticket to that game (even though my beloved Mets lost that game and the Royals got to celebrate on our field).

TRUE STORY: In 1986 (the last time that the Mets won it all), a very good friend of mine (he was in my bridal party) got a free pair of box seats to World Series Game 1 from his employer. He took his then-girlfriend. My friend was (and still is) a Yankees fan and couldn't care less about the Mets. His girlfriend knew as much about baseball as I know about nuclear physics. Yes, I know that the Mets lost that game, but that's not the point. The point is that my friend had no business even being at that game, let alone his girlfriend. After, I found out about it I was mad at him for months, and it was a real strain on our friendship. (And I'm not exaggerating.)

- Charles

Check out my collection..........
http://ImageEvent.com/The_Cardfather

Check out my stuff for sale.........
(Message me for Net54 members direct sale discount.)
https://www.ebay.com/str/thecardfathersstore

Last edited by The-Cardfather; 10-27-2016 at 11:49 PM.