View Single Post
Old 10-18-2007, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Default More Future HOF Players

Posted By: Rob Ray

Yep,I remember the Yanks lost that game. I am a Mets fan....but love baseball in general and go to any game in any stadium I have a chance to....minor or major league. Been to plenty of Yanks games. I remember the subdued crowd and the gasps of many in the crowd when Baines hit his shot. There weren;'t a lot of bright spots...save for henderson and mattingly...for the yanks in this time period.
One of the best comebacks I've ever been in person for was one game ,yanks and twins in mid-80s. Yanks down,8-0. Again,sitting in RF blue seats with a bunch of peeps from my company after work one night.Yanks mounted a comeback,topped by mattingly's HR right over my head (literally,by inches. If I didnt have a beer in my hand I would have shot up and made a play for the ball) to win the game in the bottom of the 9th. Yanks win,9-8. I got caught up in the frenzy along with everyone else! One of the most exciting games I ever saw,next to Wells' perfect game (which I was lucky enough to attend...I alsmot didnt even go to that one but was talked into it)...good baseball memories!
rob