View Single Post
Old 06-18-2003, 06:28 PM
Administrator

Default Network 54 Get Together/Dinner/Meeting at the National?...

Posted By: scott brockelman

HELLO ALL!

as leon stated, we used my table as a home base last year, and EVERYONE!, will be welcome to use it again, although you may not agree on everything. i would propose we find somewhere fairly close to hold a dinner, perhaps in one of the sheraton restaurants, which would be convenient for everyone coming to and from the show, as many people will be staying in different locations. most card geeks like us are not world travelers and not looking for a 5 star restaurant, just a big jovial meeting place to trade stories & lies, and MAYBE down a few brewskies. we had several evenings of festivities last year which included collectors and higher up from the collecting/card industry world, whose names i shall not mention without permission. but, a grand time was had by all.

i will admit last years lack of seating space at the restaurant table was a very embarrassing situation, the folks at the table were denied quite a bit of collector knowledge when the wentz's arrived and were told the table was full, not a great situation, but out of our control at the time. i hope they hold no grudge and would accept an invitation again.

scott