View Single Post
Old 05-25-2017, 03:46 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Nice work Pat.

I've been looking at Magies, and there are some flawed backs that I'm fairly sure don't appear with any other front, even the Magees.

I need to write it up eventually, but I also think there were at least three different printings of most fronts in the 150 series. With the less common cards being printed only once and not necessarily on the same sheet.

I'm still thinking the 8 from the middle fit to the right of the sheet layout. But being sure of that would require matching a so far unconfirmed weimer/pastorious with the O'Leary.

I've also thought that more than one printing plant may have been involved. Nothing really solid to base it on, but a hunch based on the number issued and the other sets that share some of the pictures. The orange borders were produced here in Lowell, and share a few pictures. The company specialized in novelty candy boxes. One day I want to get to the local historical society and see if they have any info on the company which as far as I can tell moved to Lowell from Boston around 1910 and went out of business shortly after that.

Steve B
Thanks Steve, I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the middle scratch is a
third horizontal scratch on this sheet. There are two subjects (Conroy and Williams) with three different horizontal scratches. I Just realized that I didn't
update the sheet to include the third Conroy.

Here's the updated sheet
Sheet [A-B] X Large updated.jpg

Here are the 3 Conroy's
Conroy [1] Back.jpg
Conroy 5 Back.jpg
Conroy Back [4].jpg

and the 3 William's
Williams [1] Back.jpg
Williams Back [3].jpg
Williams Back [4].jpg

Last edited by Pat R; 05-26-2017 at 06:22 AM.