View Single Post
Old 10-20-2004, 08:09 AM
Administrator

Default the yankees lose,the yankees looooooose!

Posted By: T206Collector

But I sold them all to my friends yesterday before Game 6. I'm a big Yankees fan, but I will not pay for games that never should have been played in the first place.

The biggest problem here is that since the playoffs went to a Division Series in 1995, the Yankees and Red Sox have squared off three times in the ALCS (1999, 2003 and 2004), and made the playoffs together in 1995 and 1998. That's half of the playoffs since 1995. It stands to reason that this may continue to happen for some time. If that's the case, it is absurd to think the Red Sox won't beat the Yankees at least once.

I also understand this series has additional drama because of the down 3-0 factor. But running off 4 straight in a playoff series is hardly unheard of. The Yankees did it to the Braves in the 1996 World Series, after being down 2-0. And the Dodgers did it to them in 1981.

If the Yankees lose tonight it would be an embarassing loss of catastrophic proportions. But, if that happens, I look forward to a time when the Red Sox can stop acting like the underdog all the time and are instead expected to win. I agree that if the Red Sox win, the Yankees will have in a way stolen the Red Sox' identity. And that may be the greatest victory of all.

Finally, A-Rod's slap was bush league. And most Yankee fans are better than throwing debris on the field.