View Single Post
Old 09-11-2017, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiceDocter View Post
Hello Chuck and welcome to the board. Collecting raw cards has its good and its bad.... be careful,..... just my two cents being a collector of the same kind of stuff you have for over 50 years now.....

pThanks for the welcome fellas. NiceDoctor, I look forward to reading you and other knowledgeable Net54baseball members posts. Much appreciated.

As for raw cards. My reasoning is that I sometimes lose ALL of the "vintage feeling" with authenticated cards. A buddy of mine has PSA graded cards. The cards are shielded in a "Superman" like ice fortress encasement unable to be pulled out for viewing (and these cards are not highly valuable).

Plus, I can not allow for the words "Fair", "Good" or "Poor" to be located anywhere near Baseball King names such as Ted Williams, Napoleon Lajoie, Yogi Berra, etc...regardless of the cards physical condition, haha.

I may be interested in gaining a Ruth, Gehrig or DiMaggio card within a year. If I do purchase, they will be authenticated. Well ..... maybe grab a raw for the DiMaggio (I like the 1948 Leaf).

Last edited by Chuck9788; 09-11-2017 at 11:34 PM.