View Single Post
Old 02-22-2015, 05:41 AM

I've been working on a 'base' US set of these (at least one variation of every card in all 91 series) for a few years and I'm now only about a dozen or so cards away from completion. I also have a complete set of the index cards, Sportscaster Digests, and I believe all the triptychs. I've also been able to nab what I presume are promo cards from the initial mailings, a couple of Sportscaster medallions (these can be found for dirt cheap, by the way), and a storage display.

It's been a really fun set to work on but I fear that going any further in terms of collecting variations may be difficult. Part of the problem with this set is that because there is so little info out there regarding the variations available even the most detail oriented collectors may not realize that they have a particular version or variation of a card, meaning that happens to be a feature which is neglected when selling and trading. Just hop onto ebay for some evidence of this--relatively few listings identify simple information such as the series and card number, let alone if they are a 'A, B, C' or 'Japan, Lausanne, Geneva' variation or if the card in the listing is from the US or UK set. Heck, some of the listings aren't even using the term 'Sportscaster', complicating matters even further.